Re: [AMBER] Force constant

From: William Flak <williamflak.yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:56:53 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Dr. NicholasThank you for an instant reply.I did optimization (minimization) of two fragments (two separated molecules) using the previously posted input. When I changed the force constant for bond length between N and EP from 500 to 600 (just to test it) I found the minimized geometry changed, i.e. the bond distance between EP and H-second fragment. I couldn't see why, changing the force constant may affect on the total energy of one fragment, but why it affected  the electrostatic interaction and geometry.I used GAFF force field, where I minimized only two ligands (heterocyclic compounds).
I have more questions, if you don't mind please:* How they determined the force parameters for the lone pair in the original paper:RICHARD W. DIXON, PETER A. KOLLMAN "Advancing Beyond the Atom-Centered Model in Additive and Nonadditive Molecular Mechanics"* Should I set dihedral parameter for the EP to zero because it is missing?
Thank you in advance