Re: [AMBER] AmberTool1.3 - problem with reading .gz trajectory file & failure with lmod optimization test

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:12:44 -0400

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Ibrahim Moustafa <I.moustafa.psu.edu> wrote:

> Is there a way to tell ptraj that the file is a trajectory "gzipped" file
> more than the extension mdcrd.gz?!!

Ptraj should be able to differentiate between trajectories and restart
files, even when they are compressed. If I run ptraj with input similar to
yours I see this in my output:

PTRAJ: trajin strip.run0.crd.gz 400 500 1
  Checking coordinates: strip.run0.crd.gz
  idFilesig: Gzipped file
checkCoordinates(): Could not predict number of frames for AMBER trajectory
file: strip.run0.crd.gz
    If this is not a compressed file then there is a problem
Rank: 0 Atoms: 4049 FrameSize: 98391 TitleSize: 30 NumBox: 0 Seekable 0

The fact that you're able to process your trajectory when it is uncompressed
is strange. Does this behavior happen with any other compressed trajectories
you have or is it just this one? If possible, could you provide me with the
topology file and trajectory you are using? Thanks!

-Dan