Re: Re[4]: [AMBER] developing amber force field

From: Diego Javier Alonso de Armiño <diegoarmino.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 16:52:20 +0000

Hi Karl,

I'm interested in developing a non-transferable forcefield for a small
inorganic molecule (12 atoms). My doubt is about the process of fitting the
parameters to the QM data. Once I'm done with the restrained QM
optimizations, and I have, for example, a potential energy profile for a
certain dihedral angle, what procedure can I use to fit the parameters of a
Furier series to the dihedral's QM potential energy profile? Is it a
try-and-error procedure or is there some systematical method available?
I don't expect a detailed explanation, which I'm sure would be quite
extence. But I would really appreciate it, if you could give me some time
saving directions on the subject.

Thank you very much in advance.

Diego Alonso de Armiño.
Tucumán, Argentina.