Re: [AMBER] contiguous trajectory without iwrap=1

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 16:11:15 -0700 (PDT)

> I understand that I can use iwrap=1 to wrap coordinates back into the
> original box but I know that in the simulation time my solute will move out
> of the box several times and I want to avoid issues with RSMD etc
> afterwards.
>
> Is there a way to overcome this short of stopping every now and then and
> restarting? I would prefer to have one trajectory instead of several
> restarts.

I don't think stopping and restarting will help anything (except breaking
up a run can save problems from restarting from scratch after a crash).

I believe you are pretty much forced to use iwrap=1 and ptraj to image
everything, tho you can keep the solute from moving 'far' by removing
net momentum periodically.

Bill