Re: [AMBER] How to perform backbone and residues restraint at the same time

From: Rilei Yu <yulaomao1983.yahoo.com.cn>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 17:40:27 +0800 (CST)

Hi prof. David Case,
 Thanks for your help, now my restraint problem has been solved.
Best wishes,

Rilei Yu

--- 10年4月2日,周五, case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> 写道:

发件人: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
主题: Re: [AMBER] How to perform backbone and residues restraint at the same time
收件人: "AMBER Mailing List" <amber.ambermd.org>
日期: 2010年4月2日,周五,下午9:57

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010, Rilei Yu wrote:

> Thanks for your help all the time. Now I came across a new problem: I
> want to restraint all the backbone of the protein, while the side
> chain of the residues in the binding site can be flexible. I just want
> to refine the binding modes of my ligand using less time and other
> purpose. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
>
> I have try many times, but it still does not work well. I find it cannot
> work for my two purposes together.
> ###
> ntr=1, restraintmask=':1-420.CA',
>  /
> Hold the DNA fixed
> 500.0
> RES 1 92
> RES 94-183

You can use either restraintmask OR the group input, not both together.
Note also that 500.00 is way too large a restraint; consider values about 100
times smaller.

...dac