Re: [AMBER] issues with pmemd

From: Ganesh Kamath <gkamath9173.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:14:54 -0400

Hi,
 Thanks for the message. I was unsuccessful in using solvatebox. The protein
which is a fibrin has a y dimension of
around 250 A. It is made of 411 amino acids. The other dimensions are around
62 A each. I used around 30000 atoms with packmol program and saw that the
protein was completely immersed.
Is there a way I could still make use of solvate box. Even if i did I would
be having around 2 million atoms. I could resort to
implicit solvent or work with a few explicit solvents.

However I a compiled version of sander on my desktop and it was performing
the minimization "okay" but slow. I would
very much like to solvate this system. Could I get around with a few water
molecules (explicit).

Any suggestions please.

thanks for all the help.

regards,