[AMBER] Amber:antechamber & heme(metal?) problems

From: SimonKao <h88252.hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 04:40:36 +0800

Jason and Bill, thanks for your emails!

I found the tutorial & examples of using antechamber, and I followed the steps.
But some errors happened again in antechamber.
First I separate HEM from 2dn1.pdb, as a new pdb file.
Then I attempted to run antechamber using this file with following script also shown in Amber9 manual:
> antechamber -i hem1.pdb -fi pdb -o hem1.mol2 -fo mol2 -c bcc

The error message is shown below.

Warning: the assigned bond types may be wrong, please :
(1) double check the structure (the connectivity) and/or
(2) adjust atom valence penalty parameters in APS.DAT, and/or
(3) increase MAXVASTATE in define.h and recompile bondtype.C
(4) increase PSCUTOFF in define.h and recompile bondtype.C
    Be cautious, use a large value of PSCUTOFF (>10) will significantly increase the computer time
Error: cannot run "/package/chem/amber9/exe/bondtype -i ANTECHAMBER_BOND_TYPE.AC0 -o ANTECHAMBER_BOND_TYPE.AC -f ac -j full" in judgebondtype() of antechamber.c properly, exit

I already checked some mails in the archives, and I noticed that antechamber does not deal with metal ions.
Some replies said, I need to create the ion as a residue in leap, and provide parameters for other atom types.
Am I right?
I shall be very thankful for any more details of suggestions or comments in this regard.

Best regards,

Kao