Re: [AMBER] Energy units in mm-pbsa calculations

From: Billy Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:32:22 -0400

You are right; there does appear to be something wrong here. :) It looks
like there is an inconsistency between the prmtops that you are giving
mm_pbsa.pl and the coordinate files that you extracted because of the *
extremely* high energy values that you are getting here. You should double
check that the coordinate files generated match with the prmtops you are
providing the program, possibly by visualizing them with your favorite
visualization program (VMD, Chimera, PyMOL, etc). Also, are there any error
messages or warnings in the logfile that could be useful?

On a side note, have you tried performing the MM-PBSA calculation with
MMPBSA.py? The process of generating snapshots is mostly transparent to the
user with this script and would be a way of determining if a prmtop/inpcrd
inconsistency is the problem here.

-Bill Miller