Re: [AMBER] Problem in setting parameters for non standard DG residue:O6-Methylguanine

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:32:03 -0700

Hello,

see my comments below:

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM, N.R. Jena <nrjena.gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> cause? Here the residue 7 is connected to 6 and 8 residues (tail and head)
> respectively.
>

> !entry.6OG.unit.atoms table  str name  str type  int typex  int resx  int
> flags  int seq  int elmnt  dbl chg
>  "P" "P" 0 1 131073 1 15 1.165900
>  "O1P" "O2" 0 1 131073 2 8 -0.776100
>  "O2P" "O2" 0 1 131073 3 8 -0.776100
>  "O5'" "OS" 0 1 131073 4 8 -0.495400
>  "C5'" "CT" 0 1 131073 5 6 -0.006900
>  "H5'1" "H1" 0 1 131073 6 1 0.075400
>  "H5'2" "H1" 0 1 131073 7 1 0.075400
>  "C4'" "CT" 0 1 131073 8 6 0.162900
>  "H4'" "H1" 0 1 131073 9 1 0.117600
>  "O4'" "OS" 0 1 131073 10 8 -0.369100
>  "C1'" "CT" 0 1 131073 11 6 0.035800
>  "H1'" "H2" 0 1 131073 12 1 0.174600
>  "N9" "N*" 0 1 131073 13 7 -0.270650
>  "C8" "CK" 0 1 131073 14 6 0.389590
>  "H8" "H5" 0 1 131073 15 1 0.072010
>  "N7" "NB" 0 1 131073 16 7 -0.500790
>  "C5" "CB" 0 1 131073 17 6 -0.217060
>  "C6" "CT" 0 1 131073 18 6 0.753910
>  "O6" "OS" 0 1 131073 19 8 -0.416830
>  "N1" "NC" 0 1 131073 20 7 -0.837170
>  "C2" "CQ" 0 1 131073 22 6 0.913420
>  "N2" "N2" 0 1 131073 23 7 -0.827130
>  "H21" "H" 0 1 131073 24 1 0.427860
>  "H22" "H" 0 1 131073 25 1 0.427730
>  "N3" "NC" 0 1 131073 26 7 -0.646660
>  "C4" "CB" 0 1 131073 27 6 0.476730
>  "C3'" "CT" 0 1 131073 28 6 0.071300
>  "H3'" "H1" 0 1 131073 29 1 0.098500
>  "C2'" "CT" 0 1 131073 30 6 -0.085400
> "H2'1" "HC" 0 1 131073 31 1 0.071800
>  "H2'2" "HC" 0 1 131073 32 1 0.071800
>  "O3'" "OS" 0 1 131073 33 8 -0.523200
>  "H34" "H1" 0 1 17825793 34 1 0.065670
>  "H35" "H1" 0 1 17825793 35 1 0.045470
>  "H36" "H1" 0 1 17825793 36 1 0.047840
> !entry.6OG.unit.atomspertinfo table  str pname  str ptype  int ptypex  int
> pelmnt  dbl pchg
>  "P" "P" 0 -1 0.0
> "O1P" "O2" 0 -1 0.0
>  "O2P" "O2" 0 -1 0.0
>  "O5'" "OS" 0 -1 0.0
>  "C5'" "CT" 0 -1 0.0
>  "H5'1" "H1" 0 -1 0.0
>  "H5'2" "H1" 0 -1 0.0
>  "C4'" "CT" 0 -1 0.0
>  "H4'" "H1" 0 -1 0.0
>  "O4'" "OS" 0 -1 0.0
>  "C1'" "CT" 0 -1 0.0
>  "H1'" "H2" 0 -1 0.0
>  "N9" "N*" 0 -1 0.0
>  "C8" "CK" 0 -1 0.0
>  "H8" "H5" 0 -1 0.0
>  "N7" "NB" 0 -1 0.0
>  "C5" "CB" 0 -1 0.0
>  "C6" "CT" 0 -1 0.0
>  "O6" "OS" 0 -1 0.0
>  "N1" "NC" 0 -1 0.0
>  "C2" "CQ" 0 -1 0.0
>  "N2" "N2" 0 -1 0.0
>  "H21" "H" 0 -1 0.0
>  "H22" "H" 0 -1 0.0
>  "N3" "NC" 0 -1 0.0
>  "C4" "CB" 0 -1 0.0
>  "C3'" "CT" 0 -1 0.0
>  "H3'" "H1" 0 -1 0.0
>  "C2'" "CT" 0 -1 0.0
>  "H2'1" "HC" 0 -1 0.0
>  "H2'2" "HC" 0 -1 0.0
>  "O3'" "OS" 0 -1 0.0
>  "H34" "H1" 0 -1 0.0 0.0
>  0.0
> !entry.6OG.unit.childsequence single int

This connectivity suggests that there is only one atom connected to
atom name O3. Thus, this would be a 5' nucleic acid terminal residue
according to the existing nucleic acid OFF library files. Also, your
template has 35 atoms. Atoms 33-35 (after the O3) are all hydrogens.
Make sure that atom 32 doesn't have any hydrogens bonded to it (since
it must be bonded to the 3' carbon and must not be bonded to anything
else so it can be bonded to the next residue).

> !entry.6OG.unit.connectivity table  int atom1x  int atom2x  int flags
>
>  cut
>
>  0.0 0.0 0.0
>  0.0 0.0 0.0
> Creating new UNIT for residue: 6OG sequence: 7
> One sided connection. Residue:  missing connect0 atom.
> Created a new atom named: P within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: O1P within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: O2P within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: O5' within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: N9 within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: C4 within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: N3 within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: C2 within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: N2 within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: N1 within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: C6 within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: O6 within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: C within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: C5 within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: N7 within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: C8 within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: C2' within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: C5' within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: C4' within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: O4' within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: C1' within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: C3' within residue: .R<6OG 7>
> Created a new atom named: O3' within residue: .R<6OG 7>

This suggests that the atom names in your PDB file does not match the
names in your library file. Also, considering the fact that the 6OG
is your 7th residue, I'm guessing you did not mean for it to be a 5'
terminus. I would be willing to bet that your library file is
incorrect. You may visualize it easily by loading that library file
in xleap and using the command "edit 6OG". This should bring up an
x-window with that residue displayed. You should check to make sure
it is what you want it to be.

Good luck!
Jason