Re: [AMBER] crdgrow

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 13:48:08 -0400

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010, Steve Seibold wrote:

> I am trying to generate a mutant using crdgrow. I have a pdb file named
> "mutate.pdb". Here is my command line input:
>
> Crdgrow -i mutate.pdb -o new.pdb -p file.prmtop -f prepi
>
> The error message is printed to the screen multiple times as: "The atom number exceeds the MAXATOM, reallocate memory"
>
> The practice protein I am using is just 80 residues long...It is the SH3
> domain.

I'm guessing (but cc-ing to Junmei) that crdgrow expects to just get a single
residue (backbone), not an entire protein.

I'm also not sure that this is anywhere near the recommeded way to model in
missing sidechains(?). Junmei: do you know why crdgrow is not compiled by
default? Should we continue to support this code?

...thx...dac