Re: [AMBER] Energy units in mm-pbsa calculations

From: Billy Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:40:07 -0400

The energy units of GBTOT and PBTOT are in kcal/mol. Your analysis of your
results seem valid. You get different free energies of binding during
different parts of the simulation because the complex is simply not in the
exact same conformation during all of those different time intervals. I
think a more appropriate free energy of binding calculation would include a
long simulation time in order for the calculation to include as many
relevant conformations of the complex as possible. This should give a free
energy of binding that is more agreeable with the true dynamics of the
system.

I hope that helps.

-Bill Miller