Re: [AMBER] mbonbi and mbondi2

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:01:54 -0400

i want to clarify this response a little.
Amber 11 wont have new intrinsic radii, but will have a new GB model for
calculating effective radii. For explicit water calculations, the radii are
not used so it does not matter if you use mbondi or mbondi2. The quality of
PB vs. GB involves more than just radii, but like GB it can be very
sensitive to intrinsic radii as well, and one should follow similar work in
the literature as a guide.