Re: [AMBER] regarding ambertools

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 10:51:54 -0400

Hello Asfa,

Set AMBERHOME to /root/amber11 . No amber programs actually use
$AMBERHOME after the compilation process. The only thing that you'll
want to make sure about is that /root/amber9/exe is in your PATH so
that you can find the executables (sander, pmemd, etc.). However,
make sure that $AMBERHOME/bin (which points to amber11) is in your
PATH before /root/amber9 so that the ambertools 1.3 executables are
found first. e.g.

export AMBERHOME=/root/amber11
export PATH=$AMBERHOME/bin\:/root/amber9/exe\:$PATH

This will make sure that when you type "ptraj", you are getting
/root/amber11/bin/ptraj, and when you type "sander" you are getting
/root/amber9/exe/sander. You can verify this with the "which"
utility.

I hope this helps,
Jason