Re: [AMBER] Lennard Jones potential

From: Antonios Samiotakis <asamiotakis.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:50:51 -0500

Hi AMBER developers,

I am following up on this older post on the non-bonded interactions
calculation in amber 10.

I am trying to modify the non-bonded 6-12 L-J interactions for a number of
pairs of
pseudo-atoms that I have defined.

I see that the calculation of the 6-12 L-J terms is in the short.ene.f and
in particular in the
ew_directe.h header file that is included in the short_ene.f subroutine.

In previous versions of amber, the calculation was done separately for
periodic boundary conditions and for non-periodic systems.
Is this still the case for AMBER 10? And if yes, can you give me any hints
as to where does this distinction takes place?

I would really appreciate your help,

Thank you

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Rizwan,
>
> See extra_pts.f for the 1-4 interactions for Ewald / PME runs etc.
> See ephi() in ene.f for the 1-4 interactions for GB etc.
>
> See short_ene() in short_ene.f for VDW in Ewald / PME runs etc.
> See short_ene_dip() in short_ene.f for VDW in Ewald / PME runs with
> polarizable force fields.
> See egb() in egb.f for the VDW interactions for GB runs.
>
> Good luck,
> Ross

Antonios Samiotakis
Department of Physics