Re: [AMBER] Calculating Amber Force fields from Wikipedia

From: <whimsica.aol.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:42:50 -0400

  It's really difficult to read other people's source code when
converting something from one language to another especially porting to an object oriented language.

It would be much easier though to just start from the correct equation --with the adjustment conditions if I can determine what they are.

Is the correct equation out there some where. I'm primarily interested in nucleic acids with (I'm learning) implied solvation?

Should I start from the wikipedia entry and make all the adjustments and modfications to the code you mentioned.
I don't think I'm going to be that successful digging through the source code unless it's superbly documented.

What is your recommendation?

Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me of all the problems and pitfalls.
Dan