Re: [AMBER] Binding Energy Calculation by QM/MM method

From: Kshatresh Dutta Dubey <kshatresh.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 00:22:49 +0530

Respected Rose,

     I did simple MMGBSA calculations of the output of the QM/MM run,
but the results were almost same as the simple MD run. The binding
energies in both calculations(simple MD run & QM/MM run) were almost
same. How can i consider QM/MM calculations as more approximate if it
gives same binding energy as simple MD run?

   Kindly give me fundamental reason for this similarity.

Regards
Kshatresh