Re: [AMBER] Simulating a protein with nmr structure

From: Deepangi Pandit <dnp5.njit.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:45:12 -0500

Hi Nicholus:
It is clear from Dr. Simmerling's reply that you should simulate more
than one protein structure. I just want to share my thoughts on how to
choose NMR structures from the all models given in the pdb file. Here
are the options

1. You can calculate RMSD of structures after superimposing structures
on backbone atoms of the rigid part(info about the rigid part may be
available from the corresponding published paper). This will give you
a range of values

2. Divide this range in reasonable bins then select a structure from each bin

All the best!
Deepa