Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA problems with Fe and Zn

From: Cristina Sisu <csds2.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 17:05:23 +0000

Hi Dwight and Bill,

I've reformated my topology files to accommodate the PBradii (Thank you
Dwight). The error is still there though.
In the error file I get:
> Assuming /usr/local/amber9/exe/sander is part of
> amber9 or amber10. Using old PB input file.
> Residue labels:
>
> Checking coordinates: ../JMJC-noalyprod-1.mdcrd
> Residue labels:
>
> Checking coordinates: _MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd
> Residue labels:
>
> Checking coordinates: _MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd
> Residue labels:
>
> Checking coordinates: _MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd
> Residue labels:
>
> Checking coordinates: _MMPBSA_receptor.mdcrd
> Residue labels:
>
> Checking coordinates: _MMPBSA_ligand.mdcrd
> Error: Sander error! GB mdout file was not created.

In the .out file I get:
> mdfil: Error unknown flag: -y
>
> usage: sander [-O|A] -i mdin -o mdout -p prmtop -c inpcrd -r restrt
> [-ref refc -x mdcrd -v mdvel -e mden -idip inpdip
> -rdip rstdip -mdip mddip -ng numgroup -remlog remlog -rem [0|1|2] -inf
> mdinfo -radii radii]
> Consult the manual for additional options.
> ptraj found! Using /usr/local/amber9/exe/ptraj
> sander found! Using /usr/local/amber9/exe/sander (serial only!)
>
> Preparing trajectories with ptraj...
> 347 frames were read in and processed by ptraj for use in calculation.
>
> Starting sander calls
>
> Starting gb calculation...
>
> Starting pb calculation...
>
> NOTE: All files have been retained for debugging purposes. Type
> MMPBSA.py --clean to erase these files.

Buti since I obtain 6(six) _MMPBSA_prtaj.out files that use correctly
the mdcrd file, i assume that the mdfil error is not too worrying.

The first _MMPBSA_prtaj1.out show that the mdcrd file was read correctly
and the _MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd is created. The correct number of frames
is read for complex, receptor and ligand. The next two _MMPBSA_prtaj.out
file contain the correct information for the ligand and receptor
respectively. The _MMPBSA_prtraj 4, 5 and 6.out are a bit strange in the
way that they read only one frame.
Eg: _MMPBSA_ptraj4.out
> PTRAJ: Processing input from file _MMPBSA_complexinpcrd.in
>
> PTRAJ: trajin _MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd 1 1 1
>
> PTRAJ: trajout _MMPBSA_dummycomplex.inpcrd restart
>
> PTRAJ: Successfully read the input file.
> Coordinate processing will occur on 1 frames.
> Summary of I/O and actions follows:
>
> INPUT COORDINATE FILES
> File (_MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd) is an AMBER trajectory with 1 sets
>
> OUTPUT COORDINATE FILE
> File (_MMPBSA_dummycomplex.inpcrd) is an AMBER restart file
>
> NO ACTIONS WERE SPECIFIED
>
> Processing AMBER trajectory file _MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd
> going to be
> Set 1 .
>
> PTRAJ: Successfully read in 1 sets and processed 1 sets.
> Dumping accumulated results (if any)
Identical results are obtained for receptor and ligand. And after that
it stops, and get the error message.
That's pretty much all the information I have. Any help is highly
appreciated.

Cristina