Re: [AMBER] Protein + Bilayer Simulations: Role of salt

From: Lalit Dubey <dubey.lalit.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 17:35:05 -0600

Hello Florent,

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes, indeed putting counter ions to neutralize the whole system is required
for full PME calculation of electrostatic forces.
This part is fine. I have added counter ions. My systems are neutral.

My question concerns with the effect of *'physiological concentration of
salt'* (say, NaCl) on the configuration of protein.

With or without physiological concentration does the configuration of
protein differs drastically in an MD simulation?

Looking forward to get inputs.

Thanks,
--- Lalit