Re: [AMBER] use tleap through stdin

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:31:16 -0500

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010, Peter Schmidtke wrote:

> I'd like to know if it is possible to make tleap listening to the standard
> input. I would like to use it as subprocess of another program, that could
> communicate with tleap via stdin and stdout. I tried several things, but
> still can not figure out how to do it. The only easy way I see is
> communication through files, but is it possible to avoid hard disk access?

These three commands do the same thing:

tleap -f leap.in # reads commands from file leap.in

tleap -f - < leap.in # ditto,
cat leap.in | tleap -f - # explicitly using a pipe

We need to get this info into the Users' Manual. I didn't even know it was
possible, but just did a "grep stdin *.c" in the leap source directory.

....dac