Re: [AMBER] Question on applying restraints in absolute dG calculations with TI in Amber 10

From: Samuel Genheden <samuel.genheden.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:55:19 +0100

Hi, Thomas

I modified thermo_int.f, in the way you told me, ran a shorter
simulation and here is a part of the output

DV/DL, AVERAGES OVER 50000 STEPS

 NSTEP = 50000 TIME(PS) = 120.000 TEMP(K) = -0.17 PRESS = 0.0
 Etot = -8.8950 EKtot = -8.8950 EPtot = -21.7097
 BOND = 0.0000 ANGLE = 0.0000 DIHED = 0.0000
 1-4 NB = 0.0000 1-4 EEL = 0.0000 VDWAALS = 9.3588
 EELEC = 0.0000 EHBOND = 0.0000 RESTRAINT = -31.0684
 EAMBER (non-restraint) = 9.3588
 DV/DL = 9.3588

Now VDWAALS energy is equal to DV/DL and I'm satisfied :)

I recall that you told me that I was out for some testing, so, good
thing that I checked the results carefully.

You better put together a bug fix.

I also suggest that it will be more carefully written in the manual
that the restraints should be applied to V0 (and hence that V0 should
contain the uncharged ligand). I'm not sure that the code, written in
this way, will work for the other situation.

Best regards and thanks for a quick replay,
Samuel