Re: [AMBER] trouble with cooling down a system

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 06:08:18 -0500

it's difficult to know what to suggest if we don't know why you want to cool
it, or what you are simulating. are you trying to do simulated annealing? if
so, there is no 1 best cooling method. It depends a lot on the types of
barriers that are involved in the dynamics. normally you want to cool
multiple times and see if you get similar results.
800K is very high. if this is a biomolecule, you probably need to have
restraints at that high a T or you will have chirality changes and cis/trans
isomerizations. check these carefully.