Re: [AMBER] Re: Antechamber: imidazole=aromatic, imidazolium=not aromatic?

From: Alan <alanwilter.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:42:08 +0000

Hi there,

I may have skipped part of this conversation, but where is the attached
file? or at least the added lines. And if this fix will be available as a
patch in AT 1.3 soon or later.

Thanks,

Alan

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 23:21, Gabriel Rocklin <gabriel.rocklin.ucsf.edu>wrote:

> Hi Junmei,
>
> This seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!
>
> Gabriel
>
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Junmei Wang <
> Junmei.Wang.utsouthwestern.edu
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi, Gabriel
> > I am sorry for not providing a quick solution for your problem. I found
> the
> > best solution is not to do coding, but to modify the atom type definition
> > file. I simply added two more lines to ATOMTYPE_GFF.DEF. Please see the
> > attached file. Please let me know if the definition file works for you.
> >
> > Best
> >
> > Junmei

> > Hi Junmei,
> >
> > Just wondering how the Antechamber fix is going, and if you've learned
> > anything now about the scope of the problem.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gabriel
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Gabriel Rocklin
> > <gabriel.rocklin.ucsf.edu>wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Junmei. The parameters do more than maintain the planar
> > > conformation of the ring - they keep the ring substituents in plane
> with
> > the
> > > rest of the ring. I'm not actually interested in imidazole and
> > imidazolium
> > > themselves, but in their substituted versions, and binding free
> energies
> > > appear to change significantly when the ring substituents are allowed
> > > bend when in protein complexes.
> > >
> > > Hope to hear from you by Monday.
> > >
> > > Gabriel

> > ring.
> > very

> for
> soon

> > reporting

> > do-

> > prepi

> > na.
> and
> > ring
> for

Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva, D.Sc.
PDBe group, PiMS project http://www.pims-lims.org/
EMBL - EBI, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK
+44 (0)1223 492 583 (office)