Re: [AMBER] enquiry regarding distance-dependent dielectric constant minimization

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 07:59:22 -0500

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010, bharat lakhani wrote:

> I want to minimise my system in explicit solvent(tip3p) with
> dielectric constat 4r.what parameters I need to consider

First, are you really sure you want to do this? Minimization in explicit
solvent is generally useful only as a prelude to MD. Many interactions (e.g.
solute-water hydrogen bonds, water-water hydrogen bonds) would be seriously
wrong with such a dielectric constant.

If you do want to push on, look for the "dielc" and "eedmeth" variables.

...regards...dac