[AMBER] Fitting Torsional parameters

From: stephane acoca <stephane.acoca.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:48:07 -0500

Hi, I would like to clarify the protocol for adjusting torsional
parameters. The problem I am having is that after fitting to a fourier
series the energy difference between the QM and MM energies (torsion
not included in MM Energy), the frcmod specifications I find point to
:

IDIVF
PK
PHASE
PN

Meaning that the function is only fit to a single fourier term of the format :

Etors = (PK/IDIVF)*(1+ COS(PN*PHI - PHASE)

Aren't higher level fourier terms available to be specified torsion
parameters. I couldn't find the information in either Amber manual
8,9, or 10. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Stephane Acoca
McGill University