[AMBER] compiling amber on intel xeon 5500 series cpu

From: Max Wang <molemod.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:16:29 -0500

Hi Amber Users:

I am trying to compile amber9 and amber10 on dell precision T5500
workstations. I have previously compiled amber on the xeon 5400 series CPUs
and it worked fine. I thought the binaries should continue to work on the
xeon 5500 series cpu but it turned our that sander does not work.

So I tried to compile from scratch using intel MKL10, c/c++/fortran compiler
10.0. The serial compilation (for both amber9 and 10) could be successfully
completed but any test involving sander produced the following error:

forrtl: severe (71): integer divide by zero

any help would be appreciated!

Max