Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA

From: Billy Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 07:24:03 -0500

There is not a specific version of MMPBSA.pl that is parallel, per se.
However, remember that the MMPBSA method is trivially parallel in the fact
that you can send multiple jobs to the queue each analyzing different parts
of your trajectory file and then manually combine the statistics results
afterward. This method would be perfectly valid if you are having problems
with your calculation hitting a maximum wall clock.

Alternatively, MMPBSA.py is not just restricted to three processors. The
python version of MMPBSA is programmed to use 3 processors (one processor
per complex, receptor, and ligand) for systems in which the ligand is not
significantly smaller than the receptor OR it can be done on an *any* even
number of processors as you have described. The MMPBSA.py tutorial (
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial3/py_script/) describes and
shows examples for both of these methods in Section 1 and Section 2.

Good luck!

-Bill Miller