Re: [AMBER] problem in installing amber tools on Mac OSX 10.6

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 08:07:48 -0500

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009, Chun-Wei Pao wrote:

> I am trying to install Amber Tools 1.3 on my Mac Pro. However, I
> found I had problems in both configuring the system and compile the
> codes. I doubt that the problems are related with the 64-bit in the new
> MacOSX.

Why do you doubt that?

What version of gfortran are you using, and where did it come from?

For detailed information about configuring AmberTools 1.3 on OSX 10.6, go to
the "Running Amber on Mac OSX" link at http://ambermd.org.

> ranlib: archive member: sys2.a(wallclock.o) cputype (16777223) does not
> match previous archive members cputype (7) (all members must match)
> ranlib sys2.a

This is very likely caused by having a gfortran compiler that does not create
64-bit object files (and a gcc compiler that does do that). See the website
for more info.

...dac