[AMBER] Adding single distance restraint

From: Adler, Marc <Marc.Adler.elan.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:00:35 -0700

Hello fellow AMBER users,

I am trying to include a single distance restraint in my MD simulations.

I am a new user of Amber and I am using SANDER for MD simulations. The
trajectories are analyzed to obtain information about protein/ligand
interactions. I am using a system setup by someone else and,
admittedly, I'm not sure what is going on.

All too often, the ligand leaves the binding pocket. I want to hold it
in place by using an NMR like distance restraint to define an H-bond.
My current input files (xxx.in) look like the edited file shown below
("..." refer to deleted sections). I want to include something in this
file that will restrain the distance between two atoms, specified by
atom number, to an upper bound of 4.0 ang.

--Minimize H of water only

&cntrl

ibelly=1,

imin=1,maxcyc=10000, ntmin=1, ncyc=1000, drms=0.1,

cut=999, ntb=0,

ntpr=500,

ntr=1,

/

Restraint ligand

10.0

RES 243

END

Restraint residue 17

10.0

RES 17

END

END

-- Belly residues: ligand, site residues and water

RES 243 243

RES 192 192

RES 243 2006

END

END

Happy Holidays and a great New Year.

Marc Adler

Elan Pharmaceuticals

This communication and any files transmitted with it
may contain information that is confidential, privileged
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender.
Thank you for your co-operation.