Re: [AMBER] AmberTools-1.3 not compiling on MacOsX

From: David Watson <dewatson.olemiss.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 00:59:09 -0600

On Dec 23, 2009, at 12:37 AM, Cesar Millan wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to compile the newest AmberTools-1.3 on a MacOsX 10.6.2 but
> it failed with this message:
>
> a - rfree.o
> a - matinv.o
> ranlib: archive member: sys2.a(wallclock.o) cputype (16777223) does not
> match previous archive members cputype (7) (all members must match)
> ranlib sys2.a
> ranlib: archive member: sys2.a(wallclock.o) cputype (16777223) does not
> match previous archive members cputype (7) (all members must match)
> make[2]: *** [sys2.a] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [syslib] Error 2
> make: *** [serial] Error 2
>
> I use the following configure line:
>
> ./configure -macAccelerate gnu
>
> thank you for any help
>
> Best regards.

Cesar,

If possible, download the gfortran binaries for Snow Leopard available at http://hpc.sourceforge.net/
Since there is no "official" gfortran provided by Apple, the architecture of compiled object files may differ depending upon where you obtained your gfortran.

You will need to download the gfortran-snwleo-intel-bin.tar.gz, which, if not converted automatically to the tar file, you can double click on to provide the tar file.

Next, open a terminal and
    cd /
    sudo -E tar xf ~/Downloads/gfortran-snwleo-intel-bin.tar

Change directory back to your amber11 working directory, I will call this /usr/local/amber11 to make it easy, and assuming this is where you have un-tarballed your AmberTools.

    export AMBERHOME=/usr/local/amber11
    cd $AMBERHOME/src
    sudo -E ./configure -macAccelerate gnu
    sudo -E make -f Makefile_at realclean
    sudo -E make -f Makefile_at

Also, if you have installed MacPorts (you can check by executing 'which port' in Terminal), you need to edit your ~/.bash_profile to place everything containing "/opt/local" at the end of your PATH.
While you are at it, you may as well put "/usr/local/amber11/exe" at the front of your PATH.
If you must edit ~/.bash_profile, please start a new terminal session before attempting the compilation steps above.