Re: [AMBER] question about failures

From: peker milas <pekermilas.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 00:31:06 -0500

Hi again,

you have no idea how i m grateful for this quick reply, so thank you
again. What i understand from your email, this is an important
problem because i would like to use this program with all of its
features. Now, it looks like being more explicit about the situation
is needed. First of all this machine has 2 intel nehalem cpu s (8
physical cores and 16 logical cores) on it, with 8Gb ram. It also has
ubuntu 9.10 (kermic i believe) as its operating system. Its compiler
set is gcc 4.4.1. I installed AmberTools1.2 using gcc. There was some
bugs in configuration script and in fortran.cpp file which i fixed.
And then, probably more than 10 times i tried to install Amber10
parallel. While i was installing i believe i used all relevant
paralellizations (mpich,openmpi, even lam which was the default
parallelization method, so that comes with amber ). Every single trial
failed when i run tests. What i meant is the program started doing
either the first or the second test but it could never finish. This
was frustrating enough and i decided to install it first serially.
When i did that i got those errors. What i m trying to say here i
really lost in this installation process and i will definitely need
help for both types of installation. Again if somebody wants to help
it will be appreciated deeply...

thank you so much...
peker