Re: [AMBER] Regarding rigid bond

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 12:40:30 -0500

Using belly for many molecules will not only keep them internally rigid,
but their relative orientations will also be stuck. I would not do that.

A suggestion is to 'shake' all bonds as carlos said, by I would try ot
use a large bond constant for the intermolecular bond of the molecules
you want rigid.

Do not overdue it, or otherwise the integrator will sufer.

Adrian

Bill Ross wrote:
>> the only option is to constrain all bonds.
>
> The only way I know how to do this is by the belly option, which
> holds the atoms fixed in space.
>
> Bill

                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
                              Associate Professor
                             Quantum Theory Project
                            Department of Chemistry
                  Senior Editor. Journal of Physical Chemistry
                           American Chemical Society
University of Florida                         PHONE 352 392-6972
P.O. Box 118435                               FAX   352 392-8722
Gainesville, FL 32611-8435                    Email adrian.qtp.ufl.edu