RE: [AMBER] ligand parameterization

From: Nahoum Anthony <nahoum.anthony.strath.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:19:47 +0000

Thanks for your help Dave and Jason, but your latest reply confuses me a bit...
The force field equation as given p.19 of the Amber 10 manual shows terms for bonds, angles, dihedrals, vdW (12-6 L-J), dielectric and polarization (if explicitly desired for the latter). I'd always considered the dihedral term to represent the torsional energy, so where is the 1-4 interaction term ? is it just part of the vdW and dielectric ?

Thanks again for your time,

Nahoum