Re: [AMBER] non standart residue library creation with tleap (Zn atom)

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:06:01 +0100

Andrew,

You have two possibilities:

- either you consider your Zinc atom not connected to your ligand and
you only need vdW paramaters for this Zinc atom (consequently, the
total charge of your Zinc = +2)
In this case, you DO use the files available .
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Help/Andrew/

- or you consider your Zinc atom connected to well-characterized
ligands and you will have to define bond, angle and dihedral FF
parameters as well (but the charge of the Zinc atom should not be = 2).
In this case, you canNOT use the files available .
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Help/Andrew/
and you will have to define a FF library for "Zinc & its ligands" all
together.

Does it help ?

regards, Francois

           F.-Y. Dupradeau