Re: [AMBER] RESP using antechamber with Se atom

From: Junmei Wang <junmwang.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 15:39:46 -0600

There are several solutions for this problem.

1-the professional solution
   modify the $AMBERHOME/dat/antechamber/APS.DAT file to append one line
describing the APS parameter for Se
   it should like:
   APS Se 34 2 * * 0 * *
* * *

2-the smart solution - If Se in your molecule acts like oxygen
   replace all " Se " with " O " for your gaussian output (sed 's/ Se / O
/g' g03.log > newg03.log)
   then run antechamber as usual
   at last, manually modify the atom names and atom types for Se.

3-the verbose solution
   run step-by-step antechamber commands to solve the problem, need to know
antechamber package very well.

4- the danger solution - may only work for 'simple" molecules
    run antechamber with "-j 5" or "-j 1"

5- the lazy solution
   wait until the next (probably the next next) version of amber package
comes out. We are working on that !!!

The last three solutions are not recommended !

Good luck

Junmei