Re: [AMBER] Conversion of Gaussian output file into mol2

From: Junmei Wang <junmwang.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:45:27 -0500

There are two problems.

First of all, no ESP were printed out in your Gaussian log file, therefore
it is not possible to get resp charges. You may use antechamber to generate
the input for Gaussian calculation. By default, input generated by
antechamber has proper keywords to generate ESP. Certainly, for your
molecule, you need to manually replace HF with LANL2MB

Secondly, you need to append one more line to the file
$AMBERHOME/dat/antechamber/APS.DAT to make bondtype function properly.
APS Hg 80 2 * * 0 * *
* * *

Then you can run the following antechamber command:
antechamber -fi gout -fo mol2 -i gaussian.log -o mol.mol2 -c resp

Best

Junmei