Re: [AMBER] Question about distance restraint ?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 06:56:24 -0400

it's always important to look at the sander output and see what it says when
it reads your input.
does it recognize this restraint? what does the simulations do? do you get
an error message, or does it not do what you want? this information makes it
easier for us to help you.

a few comments:
the rk are too large. this is 8000 kcal/mol-A^2 try something like 10. you
can always put the rk into the equation for the harmonic restraint and see
how much variation you expect with thermal energy of RT
the r4 is too small, it needs to be at least a few A larger than r3. this is
where the potential becomes linear, so if you do it too close to the minimum
then the potential will be very flat.