Re: [AMBER] Missing X11 Libraries

From: Thomas Patko <tpatko.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:26:26 -0700

Hello Wallace:

You can find a substantial amount of information about most any POSIX like
system with "uname -a" call, including CYGWIN.

What do you get back when you call "uname -a"?

Is your version of Vista 32-bit or 64-bit?

Do the provided X11 sample applications work for you properly? For example
if you are already in a xterm session (just type "startxwin.sh" from the
standard cygwin text only terminal to start and click "Allow" for the Vista
firewall to enable X11 to run correctly) you run some sample applications
for testing/diagnostic purposes by making simple calls such as "oclock &" or
"xcalc &". Do these sample applications work for you when called from a
xterm session? If not, then there is something wrong with you X11 CYGWIN
installation. If they do work, you should be able to correctly configure
and build xleap, assuming that you have made the necessary changes to the
xleap source code or provided the symbolic links that I recommended in my
RED for Windows guide.

Hope this helps.

--Thomas