Re: [AMBER] Single Adenine

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 22:20:48 +0100

Ros,

> Thank you very much for your answer! Actually, the interaction I am trying
> to study is with an anti-cancer drug that has a Cu(II) atom. The metal is
> coordinated with 2 glycinate molecules. We have X ray data of the
> interaction between adenine and this copper-complex.

ok I understand better your molecular system now. Indeed, an isolated
adenine-CuII complex was quite strange ;-)

> I am trying to
> reproduce this experiment using MD, so, the adenine with the drug will
> interact non-covalently.
>
> What do you think?

I would say try & see. Get the charges for your 2 glycinates-Cu2+
complex with 4 covalent bonds without adenine and see how a nearby
adenine would interact with Cu2+ in this system during MD. Then, you
could try to modify the topology/ligands of your complex if the 1st MD
simulations are not satisfying. For sure, the charge of Cu2+ will be
important here...

regards, Francois