Re: [AMBER] acetone lib and frcmod files?

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:13:33 +0100

Jose,

> I couldn't find a search feature under the R.E.DD.B homepage. After reading
> your message I noticed you had done a search on the site, so I went back and
> could find a search service under 'download projects'.

I forgot: you will find trifluoroethanol but not
tri-fluoride-methanol. When deriving 2 stage RESP charges for Amber
force fields the charges of 3 Fs are equivalenced in the 1st RESP
stage while they are frozen in the 2nd stage (this part is not that
obvious).

See the RESP inputs for trifluoroethanol:
SEARCH - DOWNLOAD SECTION
Search... [Done]
Result(s) for search by Molecule name Trifluoroethanol
Project name Trifluoroethanol
Project code W-15

Corresponding RESP inputs (2 molecular orientations; single conformation):
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/uploadfile/W-15/input1.in
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/uploadfile/W-15/input2.in

More complex is W-16 (2 conformations; 4 orientations).

regards, Francois