Re: [AMBER] Meaning of GMAX

From: Ashish Runthala <ashish.runthala.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:38:46 +0100

I understand that sir, but even then another doubt arises. You have told

The way we use GMAX is basically to see if there is a particular atom making
a bad contact. If the identity of the GMAX atom changes, then it is
'distributed' and much less of a worry.

If it is distributed identity, and suppose some atoms are overlapping each
other, their B factors wont be the ones expected. Then, it will display just
a single number. How that is able to correlate all such overlaps.

I am in too much dilemma about all this in last few days.

Ashish