Re: [AMBER] Distance restraint and periodic boundary conditions

From: Peter Varnai <p.varnai.sussex.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:16:01 +0100

I would like to add the following:
there was an extensive discussion about a similar topic on the reflector
"pmemd iwrap trouble" started on Aug 25 2008. There Tom Cheatham
suggested a possible tweak of the prmtop file purposes that might be
useful when simulating two separate solute molecules. I wonder if that
tweak could prevent iwrap separating the complex thereby causing trouble
when distance restraint is used. I tested sander (amber10) that behaves
identically to pmemd; this really is an issue to deal with when
molecules are separated due only to imaging but nmropt takes the
coordinates "as is" after restart; all seem fine if separation happens
during the simulation.

Peter