RE: [AMBER] Conference or workshop on AMBER?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 04:00:14 +0100

Hi Cat,

> Thank you. This workshop would be wonderful for new users like me.
> However, this one has finished. Are there any other holding soon in UK
> or any other country this year? Thanks.

There is no AMBER specific workshop planned in the UK this year because the
EPSRC chose to cancel funding for the National Service for Computational
Chemistry Software despite numerous requests from users to keep funding it.
However, NSCCS has now managed to secure interim funding outside of the
EPSRC:

http://www.nsccs.ac.uk/interim_service.php

And so it is possible there may be a workshop in the UK next year although
there are no specific plans at the moment. Additionally there may be funding
from the National Grid Service and the University of Westminster to run a
second workshop similar to the Glyco modeling workshop that was run there in
April.

At the moment there is nothing concrete planned but as soon as anything is
known information will be posted to the AMBER mailing list.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/