RE: [AMBER] MM-GBSA nmode error for explicit solvent system only but not for implicit solvent system. Why?

From: Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 03:23:40 +0100

Dear Prof. Case,

I should have described the situation better. Sorry.

I have done the simulation with explicit and implicit solvents. Then, I extract the snapshots from the mdcrd files and do the MM-GBSA analysis for both systems.

If I do the MM-GBSA, without nmode calculation. Both calculations can be finished without error.

If I do the MM-GBSA, with nmode calculation, only the snapshots from implicit solvent calculations can be done.

I used no-solvent prmtop files for all the calculations. I set BOX=YES to extract snapshots from explicit solvent mdcrd files. Atttached is the nmode.out file for the calculation with error, at the end of the file, I found:

Total memory required : 1604498119 real words

Total memory required : 60129519 real words

Maximum nonbond pairs: 59399549

ASSERTion 'ier ==0' failed in nmode.f at line 105.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Best regards & thanks,

Cat