Re: [AMBER] problem from xleap

From: Ashish Runthala <ashish.runthala.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 04:33:10 +0100

See all these are there when the residues are in close vicinity. You
use my script and it will be solved. No errors or warning will be
there for sure.

&cntrl
imin=1,maxcyc=500,drms=0.0005,ntb=0,
ntpr=1,cut=999,ncyc=100,
/

This will solve all such problems . run sander with this script. Make
the pdb file from the generated .rst and the topology files. Now see
the errors in your pdb file.

Regards
Ashish Runthala

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Qinghua Liao<fantasticqhl.yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Thanks for your reply! If I just want to do docking, it is ok, is that right? Or if I want to do MD, how should I add those missing residues? By the way, I follow your suggestion to insert TER between those residues, there are still the same warnings when loaded in xleap. What's the matter? Thanks!
>
> Qinghua

> Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2009 12:41:49 AM
> Subject: Re: [AMBER] problem from xleap
>
> I only looked briefly but this does not look like a complete protein.
> Many residues are missing, which leaves many regions unconnected.
> Please be sure this is OK for what you want to do (e.g. for MD, the
> resulting simulation may be quite different from how the receptor acts
> in reality). You may wish to use a complete protein without gaps.
>
> Leap joins together residues that are adjacent in the PDB file, even
> if the bond length would be unrealistic. You can keep it from doing
> this by inserting TER records in the PDB file between the residues
> that need to be separated.
>
> --Tom
>
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Qinghua Liao<fantasticqhl.yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Dear amber users,
>>

>> I have a problem when using xleap. when I load the pdb file of receptor, then check it, it gives me those warnings that there are several bonds with a more than 10 angstroms bond length. The attachment file is the pdb file of receptor for you to check for me!
>>
>> I can't understand that. Could somebody tell me the reason? Any response will be highly appreciated!
>>
>> All the best!
>>
>> Qinghua

Ashish Runthala,
Faculty Division III,
Lecturer, Biological Sciences,
Birla Institute of Technology and Science,
Pilani, Rajasthan- 333031
INDIA