Re: [AMBER] Creating conditions for biased MD

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:56:36 +0100

francesco, I think dihedral restraints may be the only way to go without a
helical ref structure. you'd definitely want to also restrain all other
residues in this helix to maintain it, or else you might just move the bend.
when changing the restraints over time, give thought to which direction to
rotate, which depends on the initial conformation of the Gly residues, if
they are currently adopting positive phi values then it's more complex than
just going from pp2 to alpha, for example, where you can just reduce psi.