[AMBER] question about pair wise per-residue energy decomposition; idecomp=3

From: <wfli.biophy.nju.edu.cn>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:48:29 +0000

Dear all,

I'm interested in the energy decomposition with the pairwise per-residue
manner. From the AMBER mannual, I found the SANDER in AMBER can do this
job if we set idecomp=3 or 4. If we set GBSA=2, the Esurf (nonpolar
solvation energy) is also decomposited into pairwise form.

My question is how the Esurf can be decomposed into pairwise per-residue
form since this term is not a real pairwise energy. Could anyone tell
me the algorithm or the relevent papers that discuss about it.

Thanks in advance,

Wenfei