Re: [AMBER] solvent and counter ions

From: Taufik Al-Sarraj <taufik.alsarraj.utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 18:16:24 -0500

Thank you Thomas for clarifying this. Is it acceptable to add counter
ions first and then water (solvent)? and then allow the solvent-ions to
relax in an initial minimization where the solute is fixed? (avoiding
the process of selecting and deleting water molecules)

In "Molecular Dynamics Simulations of the 136 Unique Tetranucleotide
Sequences of DNA Oligonucleotides..." Biophysical Journal Vol.89
(3721-3740) 2005. I couldn't find the reason for choosing K+ over Na+ as
a counterion. Is there one? Or is it a preference?

Best,
Taufik