RE: AMBER: using "EP" for dummy atom

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 18:05:22 -0800

Hi Ashish,

You can simply create your own atom type (in a frcmod file and corresponding
residue template defining this atom's type / charge etc. See the first
advanced tutorial for an idea of how to do this if you don't already know.
Then in the frcmod file you just set the mass to zero.

You will of course need to modify the code in some way so that it knows how
to deal with this zero mass particle since otherwise as soon as you take a
time step there will be a division by zero when calculating the acceleration
of this particle and things will break.

Good luck,

Ross