AMBER: RE: Problem with the NEB tutorial

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 11:24:30 -0800

Hi Hiroshi,

I am copying this to the Amber mailing list so others can see this message
as well.

> I am now trying to use the nudged elastic band module in Amber,
> and examined your tutorial
> http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial5/section3.htm
> but I got a problem. I generated the topology file from the
> struct1.pdb in the above web site (I attached it here), but
> it is different from what you provided. I think the amber
> version and the force field is the same. Could you suggest
> what goes wrong?

I checked the differences between the str1.prmtop file on the website and
the one you sent me. The only differences are in the dihedrals which if you
break them out are backbone dihedrals. Thus I think the origin of the
difference lies with this bugfix:

http://ambermd.org/bugfixes/9.0/bugfix.5

********>Bugfix 5: